Updated Call to Action:
Please call your two U.S. Senators and your U.S. representative through the Capitol operator at 202.224.3121 and ask each of them to support two amendments to the tax reform bill — one that would fully repeal the individual mandate, and a second that would be Rep. Kings New IDEA bill.
With tax reform being debated on Capitol Hill, there are two key proposals being discussed. The first would repeal ObamaCare’s insidious individual mandate — the requirement that every American citizen must carry a government-approved health insurance policy. This punitive tax is one of the worst aspects of ObamaCare, and a simple amendment to the tax reform bill could repeal the individual mandate — once and for all.
The second proposal is a bill that Congressman Steve King wrote called the “New IDEA” bill. Congressman King’s bill, which could be added as an amendment to the tax reform bill, prevents businesses from deducting wages and benefits paid to illegal immigrants. Want to get serious about cracking down on our nation’s illegal immigration problem? This is a great way to do it.
Congress needs to hear from us this afternoon and next week!
– – –
Americans are ready for tax relief and job growth. Our economy is in desperate need of a boost, and reforming the tax code is the best chance we have of reenergizing our economy. The plan put forth by House GOP leaders is a great step in this direction.
- Please call both of your U.S. Senators and and your U.S. representative urge them to support tax reform. You can reach them by dialing the Capitol Switchboard at 202.224.3121 and asking for their offices.
- Download our Tax Reform How-to-Guide below and sign our tax reform petition. Our petitions are the easiest and most effective way to make your voice heard.
- Read our talking points below and use them when calling Congress. Also be sure to check out our new talking points for business owners.
- Use our sample press release to announce you’ve joined the tax reform coalition.
- Use our sample letter to the editor to write a letter. Let us know when you get it published.
- Please check out FreedomWorks’ tax reform page.
- Please share your tax reform story with us. How you would benefit from tax reform?
- Consider hosting a house party. We have house party kits available now, and we will ship one to you so you can host an effective house party.
- Help us grow the tax reform coalition by inviting others to join.